Our Monthly CFO (Chief Financial Officer) Service for Women Entrepreneurs in the Creative Industries
We Build Your Financial Roadmap & Streamline Your Accounting Processes for More Profit and Cash to live Your Ideal Lifestyle
Poor management of '....cashflow is responsible for up to 90 percent of small business failure' - small business.co.uk
I get that you offer immense value while doing what you love. But that is not enough. To create a business that not only survives but thrives, you need to Master the Money-Side of your business.
'I learned a great deal about how to put profit first, plus how to keep my artistic integrity and pursue the gap between a financially viable commercial photographic career and a flourishing art practice.
Thanks for the financial documents - these are great! It’s really helpful to see these figures down on paper; it frees up space in my head to get on with the creativity!! Finally, I can see a financial future!'
—Karen Roswell Photography for the Soul
Today, I'm writing this from the beach. The sun is shining and everyday is summer. Next month I may be at my other home in the UK, living the coffee shop lifestyle. Oh how I love my life!
Even though I now live a great life helping women get clear on their business vision and financial future so that they can also live a great lifestyle, this wasn't always the case.
A few years ago, I had a very ambitious client that I admired greatly for her courage in giving up a secure job to pursue her dream of having her own business.
Her dream was to make enough money to spend more time with her kids and have a business she loved. Although her business was about beauty, really, like many of us, what she really wanted was freedom. Freedom to live her ideal, fun lifestyle with more free time and no boss telling her when she could take a holiday.
The trouble was, this kind of freedom was a long way off.
The reason? Her financial systems were a big chaotic mess! That client is why I decided to focus on helping ambitious women business owners take their heads out of the sand when it comes to their business finances:
Your Business Financial Roadmap for Growth & Consultancy Program
A solid path to more Clarity, Profits, Cash and Freedom
This 'Do it with you' program will empower you and nudge you away from financial apathy and show you what is really going on with your business and clean up any mess in your accounting/bookkeeping system.
I will simplify your business finances and give you the power to predict and realise the financial vision of your dreams
Plus you will have complete set of forecasts that you can use to apply for funding and/or use for business planning
'Even if you don't need financing, you should compile a financial forecast in order to be successful in steering your business' - Elizabeth Wasseman, Editor of Inc.
This program will empower you will the following skills for building a successful business:
1. Understanding your numbers: It may feel great to focus solely on creativity and abdicate your financial management to other professionals. But it is bad for the long-term success of your business. You need to understand your numbers so you can know the right questions to ask your accountant about the state of your business. This is the proper way to delegate task and still be aware of where your business stands and what to do for growth. This will give you great peace of mind and confidence around your numbers.
2. Design Profitable Pricing Strategies: You can’t price your services on whims and expect to make sustainable income. Applying pricing strategies will let you steer your business towards your preferred destination instead of leaving it to chance You will also gain understanding of your company’s margin and break-even point, the knowledge of which will help you take control of your business’ profit and avoid the trap of losing money while happily working away.
3. Sales and Expenditure Forecasting: Generating new ideas is easy, the challenge is with implementation. Testing ideas is even more difficult when you don’t want to upset your working business model. And if you don’t test ideas, your business may stagnate. The sales and expenditure forecast will help you lower the risks with testing novel ideas and capitalise on business growth opportunities.
4. How to Get Paid Quickly: Many creatives don’t get their payment until long after delivering their contracted services. Some clients may require a superior’s approval to pay you while others delay for no apparent reason and won’t respond until you repeatedly ask for payment. You will learn tools to get cash faster by crafting favourable payment terms and scheduling quick invoicing.
5. Tools to Avoid Late Fees and Penalties: Getting paid is one thing, getting a full payment is another. As a creative entrepreneur, it is possible to get lost in the creative process and not pay much attention to deadlines. You will learn tools to help you monitor your money by simplifying project tracking and avoiding penalties and late fees due to oversight.
6. Expenditure Analysis: Understanding your cost structure and all your financial outgoings is a requisite for running a successful business. It helps you gain insight about your business so you can engage in continuous improvement. With Expenditure Analysis, you will see opportunities where you can reduce or align your costs towards your profit goals and achieve your vision of a fulfilling and successful business.
Build Your Financial Roadmap for Growth & Financial Consultancy is a program designed to help us quickly streamline your accounting systems and create a robust financial management system for your business
It is structured and delivered in the following way:
Book a complimentary Money Momentum Consult before you sign up to make sure the program is a good fit for you
If you are accepted you will receive a Welcome Pack with all sorts of goodies to reward you for deciding to deal with your business finances when you sign up (warning, this may include some delicious chocolate)
The Financial Roadmap to Growth program starts with 5 weekly Zoom sessions of 60 - 90 minutes each.
When not in session, I will work on your Investment Ready Profit and Cash Flow Forecasts behind the scenes.
Then we follow up with monthly CFO Financial Strategy Sessions to keep you on track towards your vision
In-between sessions, you will have full email support to answer your questions or concerns.
Session 1: Your Compelling Vision
We will start with a Create Your Compelling Vision Session where together we will determine your 1-3 years intentions
Session 2. Financial Fitness Test & Cleanup
Because a business’ true strengths and weaknesses may be unclear to the owner, I will conduct a Fitness Test on your company’s current financial condition. The test involves an analysis of your profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow statement. I will need your printed financials or temporary access to your accounting software.
Session 3: Your Story in Numbers
I understand the value of effective communication in learning and business. So, I will communicate my analysis with you in plain English and avoid 'accountantese' talk. Through this, you can understand the story your numbers are telling about your business.
Session 4: Your Profit Project
We will then work together using best and worst-case scenarios to prepare your dynamic rolling Profit Plan. When finished, I will enter your Profit Plan into Xero or other accounting software. With this, you will be prepared for the future.
Session 5: Your Cash Flow Project
Cash is the lifeblood of your business and your cash flow projections will highlight any further issues with ability to pay your bills and your team or how you can invest any expected surplus.
Monthly Financial Strategy Consultancy:
Together we prepare your Business Pitch using LivePlan Software
I will update your LivePlan software with actual figures on a monthly basis and compare the analysis to the forecast to monitor your progress and see how close you are to reaching your goals. I will relate your results in plain English during monthly Zoom sessions and you will receive a monthly management report and a user friendly Dashboard
Your dynamic Financial Roadmap will be a living tool that puts you in the know about your creative business, keeps your finger on the pulse and help you make better financial decisions
Don’t try to run your business in the dark, having a roadmap and a robust tracking system that shines a light on your finances will calm your nerves and can literally save your company
Build your Financial Roadmap for Growth plus Monthly Financial Strategy Sessions
Business Bright Ltd. CFO and Chartered Management Accountants for Creative Women Entrepreneurs
Monthly payments of Just $200 - $500 depending on the size of your business
A fixed monthly price will be agreed before hand so you’ll have no surprises
6 Month Commitment, See Our Guarantee Below
In summary, what you get:
We'll create your Business Vision together
A Financial Fitness Review
Accounting System Streamlining, Cleanup or Set up
Together we develop your pricing strategy for greater profits
We build your business pitch for clarity & focus, it’s like a mini business plan
A set of Investment Ready Financial Forecasts
Monthly financial strategy sessions where we produce your financial management statements tracking your progress towards your goals
Email support throughout
Guarantee: If after the first two sessions, you find that this program is not what you need, you can cancel the program and not be liable for further payments.
(Extra’s available: Monthly bookkeeping, reconciliations and sales tax returns at a special rate)
If your business is below £50K a year in expenses consider our Bookkeeping Blueprint & Support Service
We transform your numbers into knowledge so that you can make better business decisions and make more money to live the life you want
Space is limited as we offer a boutique service to just a few clients to give personalised attention